6.27.2010

Carb Filled Weekend

Sometimes I go a little crazy with bread because I hardly ever make it.  I love eating freshly baked bread so much, but making it isn't high on my list.  I think it's because it doesn't necessarily require the amount of precision that I'm use to in my baking.  

Cheddar & Chive Biscuits [03.07.2010]














Gruyere Popovers [03.07.2010]
























Both these recipes are from Laurent Tourondel's cookbook.  I just had to buy the book after having the Gruyere Popovers at BLT Steak in NYC a few years back.  (BTW, I love BLT Burger too.)  This was my first time making this biscuit recipe, but I look forward to enjoying the final product again...perhaps later today. :)  I enjoyed them with a little bit of honey, but they can definately stand up on their own.

I know my popover picture is out of focus, but I just had to share how amazing these come out.  They're crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, cheesy on top and so easy to make - what more could you want?  

Back to my blurry photo...the natural light in the house is nearly non-existent!  It's quite difficult for me to take a picture indoors without a tripod (which was the case).  The only windows in the house face either north or south with the exception of the bathroom - not the ideal location for food photography.  So my ideal photo shoot location is right outside the back door.  My neighbors must think I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment