7.04.2010

We All Scream for Ice Cream!

I am loving my new Gelato spinner - the DeLonghi GM6000!  It was a birthday present from my parents last month and needless to say, in preparation for our 4th of July BBQ, I went a little overboard:

Bellini Sorbet
Mojito Sorbet
Peach Sorbet
Raspberry Sorbet
Strawberry-Buttermilk Shrebet
Vanilla Ice Cream
Burnt Caramel Ice Cream
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Strawberry Gelato & Saba [04.01.2010]
 































 




I made this gelato with my old Kitchen Aid attachment.  The flavor combination of balsamic and strawberry has recently become more prevalent.  Saba has a similar flavor to balsamic because it is made from a sweet unfermented syrup made from the must of Trebbiano grapes - basically an unconcentrated pre-balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment