6.26.2012

Another Sweet NYC Visit 2012

Just a month after the James Beard event in NYC, I returned for a little mother/daughter vacation.  Here are the "sweet" finds, both new and old that we enjoyed:

[Banoffee Pie] Absolutely to die for @ Co.

[Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream, Gingersnap & Cornmeal Cookies] Customizable Ice Cream Sandwich @ The Meatball Shop

[Lychee Ice Cream] A must everytime I am in NYC...it's tradition @ Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

[Pumpkin Sesame Doughnut, other fried goodies and cakes] Although I didn't get to try the cakes, they were so cute that I just had to share! The pumpkin sesame doughnut is made with glutinous rice flour, so it's a nice departure from the conventional doughnut. @ Paris Baguette with 2 locations in CA.

[Coffee and Vanilla Sundae - Pralines and Caramel Sauce, Mini Ice Cream Cone - Lemon Rosemary Sorbet, Strawberry-Vanilla Vacherin - Poached Rhubarb and Pistachio Ice Cream] As I often mention, I hate being disappointed by a lackluster dessert at the end of a fantastic meal.  Dessert @ The Modern is quite the opposite.

This bakery is just over a half a year old and between my mother and I, we have already been here 5 times!  [Cannele, Perfect Little Egg Sandwich, Macarons and "my breakfast spread" including the DKA] I would not leave NYC without a cannele and DKA.  The arlette (not pictured) is also quite tasty. @ Dominique Ansel Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment