9.02.2011

Poking Fun at pastrypixels

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies [08.22.2011]
This all started when my boyfriend asked me to make some cookies, or anything sweet since I haven't really baked anything at home since starting my new job about a month ago.  Of course I whined and about being tired and that I get to make whatever I want at work, so I don't feel the urge to do it at home anymore.  He went on to say that he was "craving some sugar" and that I "could blog about it on pastrypixels because I have to update [his] blog more often."  (Yes, he owns the domain.)  So, I agreed to make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but it didn't stop there... 

He went on to gesture as if he were typing and in the voice he uses to make fun of me went on to say the following:

"My boyfriend asked me to make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but of course I put my own twist on them.  I used BROWN SUGAR instead of regular sugar, added EXTRA CINNAMON and instead of using raisins, I used CRASINS!  They came out really good, moist, chewy and soft.  Most of all my boyfriend loved them [exclamation mark] [exclamation mark] [exclamation mark]"

I nearly died laughing after that and decided I had to share with my readers.  So, the first chance I got I made the cookies.  Here goes MY actual post:

I used Martha Stewart's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe with the following adjustments.

I had steel cut oats at home, so I used those instead of rolled oats.  I didn't have Wheat Germ at home, so I omitted that and added an extra 1/2 c of Oats.  I also love raisins in baked goods, so I added an extra 1/2 c and "re-hydrated" them with 1/3 c of Spiced Rum on the stove top before adding them to my batter.  

In the end, I must say that these aren't the prettiest of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but they aren't overly sweet like many are.  They almost tasted healthy...I said almost.  I attribute that to the type of oats I used, since steel cut oats are chewier and take a longer time to cook.  I'd like to try the recipe with rolled oats next time, but my boyfriend didn't complain.  Goal accomplished...until he has another sweet tooth outbreak.

P.S.  Sorry if I sound exactly the way my boyfriend portrays me.  But hey, at least I can laugh at myself [exclamation mark]

No comments:

Post a Comment