8.26.2011

Dessert First 2011

Peach & Yogurt Parfait 
Yellow Peaches // Basil Gelée // Basil Meringue Sticks  

Chocolate Macarons 
Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Filling


















So the same weekend as the ♥ K&R Wedding ♥, I had a huge event at my new job called Dessert First to prepare for.  It's actually an annual event that raises money for San Francisco's Project Open Hand and it is definitely a Sweet Tooth's Paradise!  Some of the Bay Area's top Pastry Chefs donate their time and sweets for the attending patrons to indulge.  I've participated the three years prior with my former employer, but this year I got to make my own desserts.  The only downside - I literally just started at my new position and I had to make 400 portions of each!



My sweets appeared to be well received - the 450 macarons flew off the shelves and bunch of people came back for 2nds and 3rds of my parfait.  Call me bias, but my favorite item at the event was definitely the Corn Bonet (an Italian Custard) from Suzanne LaFleur of Perbacco.  Sweet, savory, rich and creamy - everything I LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment