4.13.2011

Sweet Memories

For the longest time, I've wanted to make "oreos" at home.  I finally got around to it and used the Chocolate Salt & Pepper Sandwich Cookie recipe from the Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented cookbook.  I did however take a few liberties with the filling recipe.

Chocolate Cream Sandwich Cookies [03.08.2011]
























These cookies really hit the spot.  Everyone who tried them fell in love at first bite.  For me, it was the saltiness, the slight kick from the pepper and of course the nostalgia factor.  These cookies hit a serious soft spot - a part of Americana packed in a little cookie.  As much as I love dainty, beautiful and elaborate desserts, sometimes you just need a little something sweet that comes close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment