4.15.2011

Not So Sweet

You may have wondered with all these sweets in my life if I ever cook in my kitchen.  Generally, the answer is NO.  Besides my kitchen being my "bakespace," it's mainly dedicated to heating up food, making sandwiches, housing snacks and feeding my dog as opposed to any real cooking.

Sometimes though when the stars are aligned, I don't know what gets into me and I do the unthinkable!

Spicy Italian Sausage & Margherita Pizzas [11.27.2010]
























Chevre & Cipollini Tarts [01.17.2011]


















Although I love going out for pizza, I also find it nice to make it at home - you can prepare it just the way you like.  When photographing, I was excited that I was able to capture the steam from the hot out-of-the-oven pizzas.

I first had a Chevre & Cipollini Tart at Chez Papa Resto in San Francisco.  I loved it so much that I needed to try my own hand at it.  I find that I more and more often find myself craving this savory little tart!

If you haven't caught on, both of these two savory ventures do involve dough - so my pastry skills do come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment