5.19.2012

Mother's Day Brunch


Last Sunday, I hosted a Mother's Day Brunch for a few of the special moms in my life.  I enlisted the help of BFF Annie from DarlingYouBoutique.  The only sweet I made for this special day were Chocolate Chip Cookies and I purchased the other - a Mille Crepe Cake from Lady M.  It's always fun to take a break from the baking and prepare some actual food.  I definitely feel like I'm picking up some cooking skills along the way in my "sweet" career path.  Unlike the other holidays I've hosted, I decided to do a spread of canapes or small individual servings.  It was definitely more work and time consuming, but I love the detail that can be incorporated when doing a party like this. 

Top Left (clockwise): Ham & Cheddar Puff Pastry, Blueberry & Yogurt Parfait, Spinach & Gruyere Quiche, Savory Madeleines, Banana Walnut Pancakes, Caprese Skewers

Although I was happy with how everything turned out and thankful for Annie's help, I wish I had a little more time to prepare...to get those details just right.  Usually I start prepping for a party 2-3 days in advance.  However, I only managed to do the cookie and madeleine batters ahead of time - it was a busy week!

Here's a glance at the final product:



No comments:

Post a Comment