11.30.2010

Pumpkin Pie 2010

I know it's been ages since I've utilized my own kitchen for something other that a 5 min meal.  Between feeling under the weather, vacations, social life and a just plain busy schedule, I have found little time and lack of motivation. As a result, I do apologize that I haven't had much to report.

But guess what - that's all about to change!  With the holidays staring me straight in the face, I'm getting back into the swing of things - how could I not?  Thanksgiving was definitely the spark that I needed to get me back into my kitchen.  As you might have noticed from one of my previous posts, A Holiday Made for Me, Thanksgiving holds a soft spot in my heart.  Besides making the standard Thanksgiving staples, I got back into the sweets.

Pumpkin Pie [11.25.2010]
























This years pumpkin pie has the same butternut squash filling as last years, however, it is baked in a classic French tart mold.  It's topped again with brown sugar creme fraiche (why mess with a good thing?) and the twist, homemade squash chips - fried and tossed in cinnamon sugar.  Even dad loved it - and he's the harshest critic of them ALL! 

Hope everyone had a tasty Thanksgiving!

1 comment: