5.24.2011

A Tiny Bite...

Mini cupcakes really are the perfect treat - self-contained and just the perfect size when you crave just a little something sweet. 

If you haven't noticed, I've made a few cupcakes in my day, but the following is my ABSOLUTE favorite.

Lemon-Passion Meringue Mini Cupcakes [03.20.2011]

Generally, I'm not really into rich desserts, so if you're anything like me, this could be just the treat for you.  Lemon Cake filled with Passion Fruit Curd and topped with a Lightly Toasted Meringue - the perfect combination of Sweet & Tart!

I really like these pictures because they bring a smile to my face.  Not only because I like eating these little things, but because of the bright and happy springtime colors.  Also, isn't the mini macaron on the mini cupcake so cute!?

Lemon Cake
5 oz      Cake Flour
1c 2T    Sugar
1/2t       Salt
1/2        Baking Powder
Zest of 1 Lemon
4 oz       Egg Yolks
1/4 c     Lemon Juice
1/2 t      Vanilla
4 oz       Egg Whites
1/2 c     Sugar

Whisk together first 5 ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, juice and vanilla
Make a French meringue with whites and sugar
Whisk liquids into dries
Fold in meringue
Fill lined mini cupcake molds
Bake at 350° 10-12 min


Passion Fruit Curd 
See recipe on my previous post...


Meringue
3 oz       Egg Whites
3/4c      Sugar

Whisk ingredients over medium heat until hot being careful not to scorch
Transfer to mixing bowl
Whip until stiff
Use immediately  

No comments:

Post a Comment