1.10.2011

Mac Madness

Since Lucy returned to town, all we have been making are macarons!  Besides the initial challenge of making the perfect macaron, I always find myself excited about all the flavor possibilities.  Upon two separate dining events, I found passion fruit paired with coffee.  As unusual as that sounds, it's quite delicious.  So for a girls get together, Thip and I made passion fruit and mocha macarons. 

Passion Fruit & Mocha Macarons [01.02.2011] 

I really like the composition in the passion fruit photo, although I wish the color of the shell turned out more vibrant like an actual passion fruit.   The coffee flavor in the mocha macarons really stand out and there's a little extra kick with coffee grounds sprinkled on the shell.

PB&J Macarons [01.02.2011] 









































As always, I LOVE peanut butter and had for a long time felt the urge to make PB&J macarons.  I can finally check that off my list.  Although this may seem like a huge contradiction, I think that the classic French Macaron filled with the most iconic American flavor combination is abosolutely amazing!  These bad boys have become an instant classic amongst my friends and family.  The PB&J macarons are filled with a slightly sweetend peanut butter and grape jam.  I love the color of the shell as well as the abilty to see both fillings when you take a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment